Thursday, April 17, 2008

He's a reflection of me

It's crazy how I look at you and don't see what I thought I would, but as I look at myself I see things that I never thought I could, when you speak I disregard your image, I see the power behind your words, and when you laugh I don't see your smile but the reason for your joy, and when you cry I don't see see your tears but what it is causing your pain, When you stare with such compassion there's a lost soul in yours eyes, your powerful voice drains out the noise but I hear your silent cries, its like deep within you is a profound reflection of me, it seems the deeper i look into you, the more of myself I see, we wondered would the same rules apply if the tables turned as we stared into each other trying to establish this bond we earned, you looked into my wandering eyes and saw direction, behind my fear you saw protection, as I spoke of my insecurities you heard pride in my voice, and in my painful tears was courage beyond my years, but thats not what I am, thats the soul of another man, you said right, what we've established it true, If you divide my hurt, multiply my strength, and add my love the result would be you....

I love you Daddy regardless of everything :) I am definitely my father's child!

No comments: